If you have already explored the old part of Zurich and are looking for some fresh view over the city – Zurich West is the best option for you! Former industrial part of Zurich is now a developing mix of offices, residential houses, restaurants, clubs, bars, art galleries, cool shops and much more! It can truly be called an artistic and hipster part of the city.
Why visit Zurich West?
1. It is easy to reach!
-> Only 2 minutes away from the Main Train Station (Zurich HB). Just take any train going from platform 41 or 42 and next stop is Hardbrücke – the starting point for exploring Zurich West.
-> 25 minutes walking
-> 10 minutes biking (you can also get a free bike by ZüriRollt. Check here for the Stations: https://www.zuerich.com/en/visit/sport/zurich-on-wheels)
2. Explore hipster Zurich
-> In Zurich west you can find the following cool places:
– Prime Tower (the highest building in Zurich)
– Zurich Umbrellas
– Viadukt with local shops and restaurants
– Freitag Tower from containers and much more!!!
3. Visit cool bars
-> Zurich West has cool bars. Just to name some of them:
– Clouds (Maagplatz 5, 8005 Zürich) – on the last floor of Prime Tower with great views over Zurich: http://clouds.ch/en/#bar– Les Halles (Pfingstweidstrasse 6, 8005 Zürich) – done in the French/Belgium style: http://www.les-halles.ch
– Frau Gerolds Garten (Geroldstrasse 23/23a, 8005 Zürich) – cool local open air bar: http://www.fraugerold.ch
Leave a Reply